Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer fun

I'm still figuring out this posting thing.  I wrote something earlier, but apparently it didn't post.  Tonight Miah, Susan, Moses and I went to a little welcome home gathering for a couple who spent the last 5+ years in South Africa.  Andy was Zach's friend in HS.  It was great to see him and his wife.  They will be with the same mission organization, but stationed in US after further training in CA.  

My summer is going very well.  Much of my time is spent gardening....which has at times seemed overwhelming.  I completely re-plumbed the "back 40" (which is what I've named station #4 on the watering system).  It covers the 3 terraces in the far side of the back yard.  I installed 100 feet of water pipe and the tubes, sprayers, etc.  The dirt work still needs some fine-tuning, since it has not been used for probably over 12 years.  Susan and I transplanted many of our bean and squash plants this morning.  It looked as if all the seeds we planted produced plants....and were way too close together.  

I have also had lots of fun with Moses.  Being a grandma has been wonderful.  I am very grateful I've had the opportunity to have Miah, Susan and Moses in my home for this little season.  It has been a such a blessing and a joy.

It's late (9:25pm!!)....so I will close for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment