Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's been a few days.  Being a grandma is the best.  Baby Moses is already growing so fast.  It's fun watching Jeremiah and Susan as parents. 

Today I went to Lowe's to buy a new microwave.  After a few minutes, while the appliance guy went to the stock room to retrieve it, I walked to the front of the store.  The fire alarm went off and I asked if I needed to leave the building.  The clerk said "no" so I browsed around a bit.  A few minutes later I noticed firemen walking to the back of the store.  Hmmm....
Then a worker walked by saying, "Josh set off the sprinklers while trying to get a microwave from the stock room".  This did not sound good.

   Doyle Meyer and his son Christoff walked passed, so I visited with them a few minutes.   

Next thing I knew the clerk said that I wouldn't be able to pick up the microwave for a while....probably hours rather than minutes.  The stockroom was drenched in water and the sprinklers were still going.  

A couple of hours later, Miah and Susan dropped by and picked up the microwave.  When we opened it, it was damaged....not by water, but someone had punched a good-sized whole in the side and damaged the unit.  

Back to Lowe's.  I brought home another unit....and now we are installing it.   It has become quite a project.  


No comments:

Post a Comment